As a member of the engineering team, the Solution Engineer will work with Big Data software in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment. This will include AWS tool such as Redshift, S3, RDS as well as Hadoop, Python, R and other leading data science applications.
The commercial analytics program will introduce a new generation of technologies and capabilities to analysts, data wranglers and data scientists. This role will be a key contributor to the innovative architecture and solution development; assessing, designing and deploying systems that use the latest technologies.
- Work closely with teams across Pfizer to maximize the use of data, analytics and data science in answering questions that accelerate the business of building a healthier world
- Promote the use of innovative cloud-based technologies
- Provide hands-on technical leadership for solution design, prototyping and development activities.
- Serve as a technical advisor for GBI CoE’s business intelligence and analytics initiatives.
- Serve as a technical liaison to business partners and other Business Technology partners.
- Help define and implement the strategic roadmap for cloud technologies in the commercial business
- Utilize best practices in visualizations to create easy to use, appealing solutions
- Ensure smooth transition of projects to support team by designing stable, maintainable solutions
- Utilize and contribute to best practices and standards in the design and development of solutions through participation in formal/informal community of practice activities
- Stay abreast of new capabilities in the cloud analytics space and within market to improve existing solutions
- Engage in Pfizer’s commercial use of Big Data
- Undergraduate degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Information Systems, etc.) or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with data engineering programming languages such as Python, Scala and Java preferred
- Experience with Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Data Science and Visualization projects is highly preferred
- 6+ years prior work experience preferred; Pharmaceutical and/or Big Data Technology experience preferred
- Experience contributing to large high profile, high value Business Technology projects
- Experience with Data Warehousing concepts
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with cross-platform data interfaces/exchanges
- Ability to create technical examples, prototypes, and demonstrations based on rapidly changing requirements
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Ability to help define and document functional requirements, technical requirements and design specifications
- Proven Experience developing solutions with BI, data blending, data science and visualizations
- Experience with Tableau preferred
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services is desired
- Experience with highly scalable systems is desired
- Excellent verbal, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience working in a matrixed organizational environment is desired
- Experience with data modeling and data storage concepts is preferred
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Occasional travel to Pfizer sites (New York NY, Collegeville PA, etc.)
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: 12/21/2018
- Additional Location Information: Collegeville, PA; New York City, NY
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus