Power Delivery Project Manager - Philadelphia, PA
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Power Delivery Project Manager to join our team in our Philadelphia, PA office.The Project Manager will manage, direct, and coordinate all aspects of work related to new or rebuilding of overhead transmission lines. The Project Manager will be responsible for managing the overall project scope, schedule, cost and risk management as well as establishing and maintaining a professional and satisfactory relationship with subcontractors, regulatory agencies, and any other project stakeholder. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages overall project performance (quality, scope, schedule, cost, communication, resource issues, risks and customer satisfaction), utilizing the resources of team members.
- Serves as single point-of-contact by establishing, maintaining and managing customer, subcontractor, and joint venture partner's expectations (where applicable) relating to project performance.
- Prepare proposals, assist in presentations and participate in contract negotiations.
- Reports project status and performance data as required to management, project sponsors and other stakeholders.
- Plans, monitors, and controls the project throughout its life-cycle (bid, contract award, engineering/design, procurement, construction, close out).
- Work closely with the project team to confirm deliverables and services are being provided to the client's satisfaction
- At any given time could be involved in a combination of:
- Managing a major project.
- Mentoring others. (based on PMI's PMBOK)
- Assist in marketing and business development activities.
- Assist in engineering changes to the project plans.
- Developing Main Line's Process for managing Projects.
- Developing Standards for Engineering Project Execution (Checklists, Flowcharts, etc.)
- Knowledge of Transmission, Distribution and Substation Projects
- Knowledge and application of PM processes.
- Knowledge and application of Financial Management.
- At least 2 years' experience as PM for Electric Power Delivery Projects
- Ability to lead small teams.
- Basic understanding and application of contract commercial terms.
- Experience / knowledge of construction operations, power transmission & distribution design, financial acumen and team-based management.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Thorough understanding of utility industry practices/standards, operations, contract management with emphasis on power projects.
- Proficient understanding of CPM scheduling and associated software applications (Primavera, MS Project) is required.
- Proficient understanding of Project Controls.
- BS degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Engineering or related discipline.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or the ability to attain within 2 years of employment.
- Superior Verbal & Written Communications.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Driven for Results, Decision Quality, Priority Setting, Planning, Directing Others, Conflict Management, Informing, Listening, Dealing with Ambiguity, Customer Focus, and Building Effective Teams.
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, public infrastructure, wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2018, Westwood received Zweig Group's Best Firms to Work For and Marketing Excellence awards, ranked on industry top 25 lists, and received recognition for its involvement on award-winning projects nationwide.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.