Field Service Technician I
Toshiba America Business Solutions, a leader in digital technology, is seeking a Field Service Technician to support the Philadelphia and surrounding marketplaces. Our people bring innovative, real-world solutions for our client's print management needs; we help cut costs, secure documents and reduce the environmental footprint. We are a growing, dynamic organization that has a need for individuals who are driven to contribute their professional best.
Summary: Provide technical service by maintaining, servicing, and repairing office equipment (B & W, Color and Multifunctional devices), ID Badge, and Fingerprint systems/equipment at customer locations in assigned territories.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. Job involves frequent bending, lifting and reaching.
- Minimum of one year of experience in one or more of the following: technical repair and service of copier/office equipment or repair, installation, training of Photo ID systems/software, printers, ID Badge, and Fingerprint equipment. Advanced education or certification in respective areas can be used to meet experience requirement for ID Badge and Fingerprint systems.
- Demonstrated experience with document management, MFP, and print devices and/or 6 months of Shop Tech experience a plus.
- Good customer service skills are essential. Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments and work independently.
- Must be computer literate and have good electro-mechanical skills.
- Must have good communications skills (written and verbal) including tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers.
- Requires a valid state driver's license and minimum level of auto insurance coverage per Toshiba policy for positions entailing extensive use of personal car while on company business.
- Maintain, service and repair equipment at customers locations in assigned territories in an effective and efficient manner. This includes but is not limited to diagnostics, installation, modifications, upgrades, removal, training, and retrofits of equipment.
- Ensure machines are maintained in a clean and proper manner.
- Complete assigned field calls according to priority while executing proper time management.
- Coordinate with dispatch and keep them informed of all re-route activity as appropriate, advise management of problem areas as needed.
- Maintain service benchmarks set by TBS and industry standards to ensure customer satisfaction. Manage car inventory to ensure adequate part levels are available to service machines.
- Maintain tools and test equipment to ensure they are in service- ready condition.
- May rebuild components in shop to develop technical skills for field assignments.
- Practice PM procedures and repair techniques to build proficiency for field assignments.
- Complete service training as required by TBS.
- Complete basic dealer and manufacturer training on specified systems. Attend department meetings as required.
- Ensure service activities are accurately documented according to service practices using automated systems and/or established reports. This includes but is not limited to call, mileage, and expense reports.
- Conduct job responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner according to TABS safety policies and procedures.
- Comply with all local, state and federal safety and health regulations, programmatic standards, and specific safety concerns identified by TABS for use in specific areas or with clients/customers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan
- Pet Insurance
- Company provided life insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal business/volunteer days
Toshiba America Business Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email Accommodation to request an accommodation.